Eczema

If your baby has had eczema what did you do to take care of it, what brands of lotion, body wash and shampoo do/did you use?

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• try aquaphor.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Shea butter. Don't use petroleum based products. All they do is mask the problem. Shea butter has natural healing properties.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Eczema is awful. My grandson and I both have a genetic immune deficiency disease and get eczema and mouth sores and we are miserable with it right now. He is on 4 meds and it's stil awful. He is only 16 months and he has it head to feet. The other day the back of his knees were weaping fluids. His pictures could be in a book for awful eczema.

There is no one thing that works for everyone. Watch for propylene glycol in anything. I was tested and that is a chemical that is common that gives it to me. It's a petroleum product that is in lots of stuff.

Witch hazel works for itching for me. Oil works better than lotion, no chemicals. Even olive oil will work if I have nothing else. I use no soap.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have to use baby bubble bath for my 5 year old w/eczema..Aquaphor like pp said..You have to be consistent with putting the lotion on a few times a day..I also don't use any dyes or fragrances when washing her clothes..It seems to get better or go away in the summer for us..

Anonymous

• I have had eczema all my life and we have tried everything. I have found minimal relief from some products, but I honestly have not found better relief than products offered from an online company called Melaleuca. They don't advertise so you may not have heard of them. They get around through word of mouth referrals. Now, I'll tell you I have started a business with them because their customers have that option, but I tell EVERYONE I know who suffers from eczema, because it REALLY helped me. I started using their products about 6 years ago and have no more eczema issues (except when I eat certain foods that I shouldn't eat) But none of my three kids have eczema and I think it is truly because I converted my home to their products.
    I'd love to share more with you (not the business stuff, unless you are interested) but just my personal eczema story. Its just alot to type due to the charac. limit. msg me and mark it "eczema".
    Marshian

Answer by Marshian at 7:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My son's pedi gave me hydrocortizone cream 2.5% it works miricales. My son has it REALLY bad...like horrible...like it bleeds. And this stuff worked wonders for him. he's 8 months old.
    Anonymous

• I try to just use Aveeno lotion on the boys. They also use Aveeno body wash since Haidn breaks out to anything else. When it gets bad though I use hydrocortizone on it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Aveeno.. two of my kids had/have it and my oldest he breaks out from time to time but they baby still breaks out When he does start to I make sure he is scrubbed down with the Aveeno soap (not in the bath too long) dry him down and cover him in lotion! After that if he has any places that get worse then others (like the bends of his arms and legs) I put neosporin on it after the lotion
    Kristi_5

Answer by Kristi_5 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• MY FOR MONTH OLD HAS IT REALLY BAD. I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF AVEENO, EUCERIN AND AQUAPHOR. NOTHING. I HAVE REALIZED THAT SOME THINGS TRIGGER IT AND I CAN CATCH IT. PET DANDER FROM DOG HAIR IS ONE OF THE TRIGGERS. WHEN I NOTICE HIM STARTING TO TURN RED AND INFLAME I PUT 1% HYDROCORTIZONE CREAM ON IT THEN COVER THAT WITH MUNICOPRIN OINTMENT (RX) WHICH IS AN ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT THEN I COVER THAT WITH BABYS NATURE ECZEMA CREAM. THEN EVERY TIME I CHANGE HIS DIAPER I USE THE EZCEMA CREAM TO INSURE THAT HIS SKIN IS HYDRATED, IT HAS REALLY MAD A DIFFERENCE. HIS SKIN WAS SO BAD THAT IT WAS OOZING PUSS AND BECOMING INFECTED. ALSO I NEVER LEAVE HIM IN THE BATH LONGER THAN FIVE MINUTES. IM SO THANKFUL FOR THIS REGIMEN BECAUSE MY SON WAS MISERABLE.
    Jaydens_mylove

Answer by Jaydens_mylove at 1:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010