how much and how often should a 2 week old eat?

and im talking about formula feeding!

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every 2-3 hours. Formula may be more like the 3 hours. They should be eating 2-3 ounces, when they start to finish say the 2 ounces, and still loook for more, it may be time to upgrade to 3 ounces per feeding.

I have a 9 week old.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• 3 weeks??? my kids were over 8 pounds when they were born they were achually taking 4 oz by that age and they ate I think every 3 hours
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The hospital and the doctor should have told you. There is a minimum and a max per day.

The childhood obesity problem can start in infancy. Formula fed babies can't be fed as much as they can chow down. Babies can have huge sucking needs that are supposed to be met at the breast when milk isn't coming out. A baby that only needs 3 ounces could chow down 8 because it likes to suck.

If you can't find the info the hospital or doctor gave you then you should call and ask for more. If you are on WIC they should have info to give you. Formula is something you have to be very careful with.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think mine were taking anywhere from 2-4 oz every 2-3 hours.
    Anonymous