Caffeine test strips for breast milk??

There was a cool test on The Doctors show to see how much milk is in breast milk. I am not worried, but thought I would be fun to test my milk!! I can not find them online.

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Re-worded good idea LOL- I just had a thought usually those shows have an email or the station producing it does with more info, references and Q & A., have you tried googling the show and seeing if there is any info through their site?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i havent heard of those ones. iv heard of the alcohol ones, and you can get those at walgreens
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• http://www.thedoctorstv.com/recent
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4309061.html
    hey this is amazing - these strips are avalable- this blog entry would question whetjer it would work as breatmilk has a lot of sugar in it... I just googled 'caffiene test strips' and there are hundreds of results.. Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think this is probably a bad idea. You have two different kinds of milk, and women who are testing are probably going to be testing whatever comes out of their breasts. They won't be aware that when the test says their milk is diluted that it is actually just the foremilk, and that the hindmilk is what nourishes their babies.

It just seems like it's a way for women to feel undermined in their breastfeeding efforts.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• never saw caffine ones but they do have alcohol test strips.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010