Should I confront her?

We recently moved to a new area where we know hubby's co-worker & wife. Wife and I are friendly and have hung out. I had surgery a few weeks ago & the very next day, coming back from post op doc visit, hubby & I got into a bad car wreck on the freeway. Luckily we were able to tow it, fix it & drive it home later. Anyways we called from the wreck & asked her to pick up our kids from school. She did. When we went to get them later I waited in the car, I was sore from accident & from yesterdays surgery wound. So I find out through a mutual friend a couple weeks later that the "friend" was saying that I should have came in to the house and thanked her that day. And that she was so embarrassed to pick up our kids because they have different last names (i'm divorced). And she was even talking crap about the fact that I keep my 5 yr old 42 pound 42 inch son in a 5 point harness seat. Should I confront this woman or just steer clear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would just let it go. I wouldn't be friends with her anymore.
    Anonymous

• MORE....OP HERE- Just to add that I did bring her potted flowers (that she could plant in her garden) the next week after I healed. That was before I knew she had said all that crap about me. Had I found out sooner I don't think I would have brought her a thank you gift!
    Anonymous

• You bet I would say something to her, you just had surgery and were in a wreck, and why the hell is it her business that you prefer to keep you kids safe having them in a complete safety seat!!!!! I would sit her ass down and have a nice firm long talk to her about her actions, and then I would not have anything more to do with her she is a mean bitch.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Let it go. It's hearsay what you're being told, and if you confront her and it isn't true then you're just going to cause a riff between you and this women. Unless you know without a doubt and have heard it from this women, then don't say anything. It's not worth it to cause unneeded problems.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I'd let it go. She obviously is a drama queen and wants the attention

Answer by admckenzie at 6:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Does this woman even have kids? She sounds like the classic "If I had kids..." You know what I mean!

I HATE women that have that attitude. And if she does have kids and she still acts like that...well she isn't anyone I would wanna hang out with. Only if I had to.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 10:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010