my bestfriends son died of sids when he was 7 months...this week will be his 1 year old birthday and there having a little celebration. Im looking for gift ideas. something that is meaningful to give to her. She already has a photo blanket, necklace with his birth stone in it. Those were the only things I can come up with...any ideas?!

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 5:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you can get pictures from someone you could make a little video with music.
    Anonymous

• You could write a poem about him, and have it placed on nice paper with his picture in the background of the poem and placed in a nice frame.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i like the photo idea with music. Maybe a CD full of songs for him. . .
    that is so sad
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Do you really need to give a gift? Maybe a tree she can plant in his memory.
    Anonymous

• Ooo, I like the three idea that someone posted. I would suggest something like that too. A tree in their yard in his memory.
    Anonymous

• thats so terrible! My heart goes out to their family. My daughter turns 1 this week as well.....I am very thankful for her.....both my kids actually. I really love the tree idea. I think that would mean ALOT to them.
    NESmith63

Answer by NESmith63 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i like the idea of planting a tree, or even a flowering bush. maybe a stepping stone for a garden or yard.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I know you can buy a star. You could buy her a star and name it after him.
    Destiny1403

Answer by Destiny1403 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2010