how do you stay at home moms get money when your not working?

I would love to be a stay at home mom but I dont know were the money is going to come from I mean my boyfriend lives with me and helps out some but he does not think it is a goos I idea that i stay home and not get a job I wish there was a way for me to make money from home.

AZM

Asked by AZM at 5:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My husband makes enough to support our family... I also baby sit sometimes and make money but its not often enough to call it an income!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My husband's income provides for everything. He also gives me spending money.
    Anonymous

• You can be a home consultant for pampered chef, scenscy, party lite, mary kay, avon etc.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I buy things at yard sales and fix or clean them up and sell them on craigslist or ebay. My best find was a new frame backpack a lady sold me for $1 because she was closing up and I sold it for $60.

I never talk people down on prices. I pay what they ask. I live in AZ and yard sales are year round.

Plus size clothes used to be great on eBay then shipping prices went up. Then I moved to a bigger city that has an active craigslist.

If you can figure out something special to sell then you can make your spending money.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My husband supported us while I was a SAHM for 8 years. Now that our children are school age, I'm working again--as a teacher--so my work hours match our childrens school hours so I'm home when they are! Prior to being a SAHM I had a lucrative career and we were able to live off of savings including the sale of my single girl townhouse, for the first 5 years, by then we had put enough aside, for the other 3 years I was home with them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The money my Hubby makes is OUR money... I stay home with our boys and he works away from home 4-6 weeks at a time. We agreed one of us needs to be there for them fulltime. He's also self employed and makes enough for me to stay home. I also watch what I spend just because that's how I am.. No matter how much we have I still watch what we spend. We own our vehicles, recreational vehicles, and the only payment we have is our house payment. We do have other expenses but they are things we need such as health ins and car and house ins.. We don't live beyond our means so that helps a lot... Oh and no credit cards.. We pay for the things we want, we save up for them, not finance them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My husband makes enough money to support us. Thank goodness! I love working, but I wouldn't trade in this special time with my 3 1/2 year old daughter for the world right now. As she becomes more independent, so will I. :) I'll probably find something to do in the working world again. And my time with her and volunteering doing different things over the past few years (skills I've obtained) I will definitely use in what ever it is I decide to do later on.
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If you are to become a stay at home mom, then your partner needs to make enough to support your family.
    My husband makes enough to support our family and that is why I am able to stay at home.
    If your boyfriend cannot make enough to support you while you stay at home, then it isn't a good idea to be a SAHM.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Like others. My husband makes enough to support our family comfortably. Before I became a SAHM, I worked and I supported our family comfortably while my husband finished college and was a SAHD.. Once he finished school, got a couple of promotions under his belt, I left my job and became a SAHM. But, I would not have left work if my husband's income would not have been enough to support us comfortably.

In order for one person to be a SAH-parent, the other has to make enough money to support the family. Or one party needs a legit WAH job/business to help out with finances.. Or one party needs to work at least part time in order to help with the finances. It's also a good idea to have a nice amount of savings stashed away (I did this while working) before one party leaves the workforce. Savings is always good to have "just in case". I saved for over 5 years before I became a SAHM.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We don't have separate money, my husband works and gets paid and it becomes our money. But he makes enough to cover all our expenses. Don't become a SAHM if you don't know where the money is going to come from to support your family.

You could take kids in and make some extra money that way. I also know some SAHMs who work for ChaCha. Whatever you do make sure you can cover your expenses.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010