What color skin do you think our baby will have?

IM 100% white & hes 1/2 black & 1/2 white?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How dark is the father's skin? If he is a lighter skinned AA, than your baby's skin will probably be on the lighter side...if he is darker skinned, your baby will probably be a little darker as well. Usually the darker things are the most dominant...darker eyes, darker hair, darker skin, will usually have a bigger pull than the lighter traits.
    Anonymous

• Like predicting hair and eye color... you just never know.

A best guess is somewhere in between the parent's color, but children can change so fast. Your baby could be born blonde and then have jet black hair by 4.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It varies. There is no way to tell.

I am black, my husband is white and either black or hispanic (he was adopted and has no knowledge of the race of his bio dad)..our kids are very fair..

A good friend is white, her ex is black...and their son, my godson is several shades darker than my kids and mine have more "black" in the them. But, the father is very very dark. I mean midnight blue.

So it varies..

:-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes and when you first see your baby, be prepared that in a few months, he or she will NOT look that way. Biracial and other babies of color can be born very fair with straight hair and look like a totally different baby by 4 months old (sometimes even sooner). Expect the hair texture to change, too.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i have 3 boys with my hubby...going on our 4th baby soon.....i am white and he is all black....all 3 of our boys have very light skin and only one so far has the curles....you just never know.
    Anonymous

• depends really, no way of fully knowing, but I'd guess he'd be a little darker than your average white person. almost like a permanent tan LOL
    Anonymous

• I bet light skinned. But who know's? I'm 100% white and my SO is from South America and has very tan skin, but our daughter is whiter than I am!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 6:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Beautiful.
    Anonymous

• its hard to say my goddaughter is white as can be she has blonde hair and brown eys her mom is very dark and her dad is white
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010