What should I tell my new step mom?

My dad, her, and her son were very sick. But because her son had to go to his dad's house and it had been his birthday, they desperately wanted to go to a fancy restaurant that they had a coupon for to celebrate his birthday. They wanted us to go. So I decided that we should go. I have a little baby that is just one year old. I had all the kids sitting between my husband and I. So my older daughter had to go to the bathroom. I got up and took her, when I got back there is my new step mom with my baby's chair pushed up to hers, and I actually saw the baby with a fork full of food putting it in her mouth and then taking it out of her MOUTH and putting it into her little baby mouth!!! I was sickened!! So I went over and I pulled her seat back next to mine. Well sure enough, about 5 days later, my daughter has bronchitis on the verge of pneumonia. The baby got it first, and then it went right on through my family..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• They prob should have postponed the dinner until everyone was well but I guess I can see why they still went. It was nice of them to invite you, but the woman should never have shared utensils with your baby if she was sick. My guess is she didn't think anything of it...chock it up to ignorance and lesson learned to maybe excuse yourself next time and offer a raincheck dinner...
    Anonymous

• You chose to go knowing they were sick so why would you want to tell her anything? Yes, she was wrong but you made the opportunity happen so learn from the error.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• You knew they where sick. You made a choiceto go be around them.  The thing is getting sick is not a bad thing for your kids. It does help their immune system become stronger.

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Tell her you know she didn't try to get your baby sick on purpose, but the fork sharing is not such a good idea.
    Anonymous

• well me and my stepson sometimes share forks well when i'm not sick....
    Anonymous

• I would tell her nothing, you took your baby out into a sick crown knowingly, and you know what? People get sick, bugs go around, it happens. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people look for someone to blame when they or their kids get sick, get over it! Should your stepmom be blaming whoever got her sick? Sharing a fork or not your baby was at risk to catch whatever it was... get over yourself.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing to tell her. You're the one who took your baby out with a bunch of people YOU KNEW were sick. If you want to lay blame, go look in the mirror.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Irresponsible on the part of everyone, starting with you. If you were so afraid of your child getting sick, why did you even risk it by taking your child around people you knew were sick.

Mommy lesson learned here - to keep your children well, keep them around well people.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010