Do you think this is insane?

My little boy is WALKING. Like full on walking. He started taking steps a few weeks ago when he was 7 months old...and now he's 8 months old and he is completely walking. Doesn't even crawl anymore. Do you think this is crazy? I do. He looks way too little to be walking around. My daughter didn't start walking until she was a year old. I am just like at a loss right now lol he is growing up WAY too fast lol. Anyone else have a baby who started walking so early?

michellelee3708

Asked by michellelee3708 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 11 months and started walking, fully walking, about 2 weeks ago. She started taking her first steps at about 8 and a half months though and by 9 months could do 2-4 steps at once. It is weird, I've started calling her Shorty because she looks too short to be walking! And she creeps me out because she'll sneak up behind me all quiet and suddenly be there lol. I also am trying to come to terms that she's reaching all these milestones so fast, one right after the other, I miss my little baby!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 6:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Ok well your lucky in some ways! My son is 13 mths old and still not walking on his own. I want him to get there. I walk with him and holding his hands but he isnt curious to do it on his own yet.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 6:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My daughter is 10 months, she started taking a step or two at a time about a month ago, she is up to about 3-5 steps at a time. She did start crawling at 4 months though, she was sitting at 5 months..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my son started walking at 10 months, i thought that was early! wow, good luck there!!!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My oldest went form crawling at 6 months to walking at 9 months. I have been playing catch up with her development since she was born and she is nearly 5. Watch out for the sore back as you bend down to hold there hand. My oldest refused to be carried until my youngest was born. My back was so sore.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Both my daughters were early walkers too. So many people say "you are so lucky" or "quit bragging" - but really having an early walker is scary!

There is so much brain development between 8mos and a year - can you imagine the thought process of an 8mo old? Now imagine the thought process of a walking 8 mo old.

I had to do all sorts of crazy baby proofing when my daughters walked so early. If I had my choice I would have chosen for them to wait until the were at least 1yr old.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes my son started walked at 8 months and I thought it was soooo awsome and amazing and scary at the same time!!!!! He is advanced in everything he does know. He is 5 btw, I don't know if that has anything to do with them walking early but I think then walking early like that means they might just be ahead of the game! In some ways that is great but in others that is bad..lol he is 5 but acts much older so when we go to punish him or correct him we have to remember that he is only 5.... Just the other day he told me he knew EVERYTHING, like he is smarter than everybody around him..lol it is crazy... but awsome :)
    Anonymous