Who wants to hear my rant for the day?

Recently I tripped over the cord to my husband's sister's laptop and it is going to cost us $225 to get it fixed and will take around 3 weeks. My husband has decided that his sister can borrow my brand new laptop until her's gets fixed but I wanted to use it so he told her I have some work I have to do and that I needed to "borrow" it from her. She whined about giving it to me and I have to take it back to her in the morning. She is 24 and still lives at home and pays no bills and her parents pretty much raise her 3 year old daughter. She literally sleeps till noon and then spends the rest of her day on myspace. She is so spoiled and thinks she is entitled to whatever she wants without paying for it. I will admit I tripped over the cord but if she hadn't had it stretched across the floor like it was I would not have tripped over it. And we ARE getting it fixed so she just needs to shut her whiny mouth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Feel better? :)
    Anonymous

• Lol. Yes, actually.
    Anonymous

• Good!

By the way, I know people like that and it is sooooo frustrating that you cant just tell them to their face to grow up and be an adult.
    Anonymous

• Believe me, if it weren't for hubby making be nice I would!
    Anonymous

• I would tell your hubby that since it's YOUR laptop he doesn't get to say what YOU do with it. Sounds like being a bonehead runs in that family.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have friends like that I am sorry she is not made to take care of her things. Hope you feel better!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Hubby and I consider all money to be both of ours, and since we make the payments with that money I guess its half his even though I initiated the buying of it.
    Anonymous

• hugsHopefully, karma will have her trip and pee on herself in public. Hang in there, hon!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I don't think you should have to pay for it. Her laptop, her cord, her financial responsibility. *IF* you even pay for anything, you should not pay for more than half of it, and you do not owe her a "loaner" - part of being a laptop owner is being responsible enough to make everyone aware there is a cord in a traffic area, OR plug it in and use it an area where no one can trip over it at all.

I think SHE should pay for all of it. She might actually learn a lesson from it if she has to pay. You say she is spoiled - what is she learning by YOU paying for HER irresponsible laptop cord placement?

Call her tomorrow (or when ever you get your laptop back) and tell her that you gave it some serious thought and you believe it was her fault for choosing to use the pc in a traffic area - since you already offered to pay, you should pay half this time - but nothing more!
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010