Toddler programs

I am currently taking my son to ROMP N ROLL. But its a 30 minute drive to get there. A little bit of a hassle with traffic and I was curious of other classes you've been to with your c hildren in the past or present or other programs that you enjoy with your children...& rather on teh cheaper side also.

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 6:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My public library has a class for kids where they hear a story, do a craft and then have free play time with toys. At the end of it (it lasts about an hour and a half) each child gets a free gift like a book or stuffed animal to take home. Best of all its FREE!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We do the public library once/week. Check out your city's Parks and Recreation Department - ours has tons of very low cost programs for toddlers! When my older ones were younger I also was involved in MOPS, which is nationwide (google it) and my church has some mom's groups as well.

Answer by missanc at 6:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Our public school system has a 2&3 year old program 3 times a week that last an hour.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• well first I would suggest joining a playgroup. They'll probably have done all the work of finding events in your area plus give you and your child people to interact with. I run mine through meetup.com and its wonderful. We have a truly great group of ladies so I suggest it for everyone. Beside that, almost all bookstores have storytimes, community colleges often have programs for little ones run by teaching students, there are a million music classes (music together, kindermusik, musikgarten) and some places like Gymboree have mommy and me classes. There's also an indoor pool near us that has a baby swim time.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We do the library weekly reading group. (Free) The city does a play group, is set up like a pre preschool experience (Free) Then the YMCA has baby gym and swim lessons for my 2yo, both mommy and me.  And my 4 yo is doing swimming and soccer (mommy and me) Plus the Y has child watch while you work out, bonus. (cost of joining and child class fee) And the park as the weather gets warmer, we go at least weekly. And we get together with friends from here and other places. That gets us out of the house 4 times a week for activities.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• There are tons of videos online, as well as videos you can buy that are activities you can do with your child.

texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2010