What do you not eat when you breast-feeding.

Johnson711

Asked by Johnson711 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• IT really depends on your baby some babies can be fine with anything that you eat, except alcohol and medications, then there are some that are sensitive to certain spices, and food types you just have to wait and see, my DD didn't like garlic, but was fine with everything else and once she was older garlic was fine.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• onions aren't good and anything too spicy
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• below is some info from http://www.femail.com.au/foods_breastfeeding.htm;
    foods can cause mild reaction such as spicy foods, cabbage, chocolate and foods high in C concentrate. It will depend on your own body and the sensitivity of your baby. Foods such as cabbage, garlic, chilli & curry may cause your baby to experience discomfort with wind.. However you baby's tolerance may improve as he/she gets older so you may be able to re-introduce that food. Other foods & drinks to watch out for are; pineapple/juice (being the worst offender) and other vitamin C rich fruits such as oranges, tomatoes, grapefruit and lemon, that can cause your baby to get a nappy rash. . Moderate your caffeine intake, a small amount is fine, but too much can interfere with your baby's sleep, or make him/her fussy. Keep in mind that caffeine is found in some sodas, teas, and over-the-counter medicines, as well as in coffee.
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• cocaine or cocaine accessories
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I personally couldn't eat cauliflower, broccoli, green peppers, chocolate, peanuts/peanut butter...I think that was about it, it's been a few years though!
    Anonymous

• I ate whatever I wanted to. My daughter did react if I drank apple juice but other than that I ate whatever I was in the mood for.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I couldn't eat green beans or drink milk. Those seemed to be the only things that bothered my first son, but it was bad if I did consume those things
    jenny402

Answer by jenny402 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010