Can you suggest a jogging stroller that is great for gravel trails?

I am looking for a stroller that will prevent my baby from being bounced and vibrated harshly, on bumpy or loose gravel trails.

I don't need it to be especially compact or lightweight. I am mostly interested in a stroller that will give the baby a smooth ride, while walking quickly on rough terrain.

The only features that are really attractive to me is having seats that can be adjusted, so the baby can lay back. But mostly I am looking for less vibration and jarring. Thanks you for your help!

Sharon442

Asked by Sharon442 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are different types of joggers what you need is a jogger with large wheels and a locked in place front wheel, then you need to look at the suspension it should be rigid to prevent bouncing in gravel. There are many types that fit these requirements you just need to go look at them to see which one is best for you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• get a BOB
    the site will tell you which model suits your specific needs.
    i have the Revolution and i ADORE it. i run on dirt trails, but its pretty smooth on gravel.

do the "which bob is right for you" quiz:
    http://www.bobgear.com/
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• the revolution has an optional swivel or stationary front wheel. it can do either.
    BEST every day stroller, too.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I second the Bob recommendation. We have the Bob Revolution and I love it. If you have an REI near you they have them on display so you can check them out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2010