pregnant and have a toothache,what can i do?

I am pregnant with baby number 2 and my teeth have been hurting. i need a lot of dental work so i need to find a dentist that takes medical card and go soon but thats beside the point.
What all can i do for a toothache since i am pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tylenol or a topical anesthetic
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Unless it's really bad the dentist may want to put off doing anything because the Novocaine may pass to the baby (my dentist refused to give me Novocaine when I was pregnant).

I agree with the above - Tylenol and/or a topical anesthetic like Orajel or Ambesol.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i've had friends that got teeth pulled and stuff while pregnant all they got was the shots in the mouth.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I would see a dentiost. My dentist is wonderful. We had just gotten insurance, but were borke, so I couldn't even pay the co=pay but I NEEDED to see him since my tooth filling had fallen out and it had been months ago before that. I didn't want my tooth pulled. They allowed me to pay when I had the money, My period was late but I hadn't taken a blood test so I told them I may be pregnant so they were very careful and didn't give me an x-ray and just gave me the minimul amount of medicine for my cavity. Then then the next visit I did find out I was pregnant and he did not take x-rays again, but just checked my teeth and said that the other cavities that I did have he wanted to wait for the second trimester. THey also did a teeth cleaning. Its hard with medicaid, but you still may be able to find a good dentist that will be sensitive to your pregnancy.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• dilute clove oil in water. then apply a small amount to the infected/hurting area. they have used clove oil for centuries! and it works better than anything else. My dentist recommended it to me when i was 3 months.
    MrsSeptember

Answer by MrsSeptember at 8:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2010