Bed Bugs???

i just moved into a new apartment and now me and my kids are getting bug bites all over us. i went to the the soctor and she said that they're bug bites (duh ) but couldn't figure out which bite they are..she said she's sure they're not scabies or fleas but they might be bed bigs that r living in the carpet. so my landlord got us some bombs to bomb the apartment but is that even gonna work against them? it doesn't say anything about it on the label...what else should i do to get rid of these things?

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 7:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Health

• ask to move to a different one, or find another complex.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• call a exterminator to get rid of them and give the bill to your landlord to pay the bill, or take it out of the rent
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 7:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think you need to consult a professional pest control company. Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of and if they're in your apartment they are in the entire building. I believe that it has to be reported to the health department as well as it can lead to or is contributing to a larger epidemic. It's not like fleas or ants that you can just set of a bomb and get rid of them.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• what if my landlord doesn't pay the exterminator bill? and i can't break my lease..i have a 1 year lease and its through a real-estate agency..i like the apartment its just,,whoever was living there b4 us had some issues with bugs or something...i'm going to bomb it this weekend when i have work off but i just want to kno if theres anything else i can do to make sure these things r gone...
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 7:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Get the carpets steam cleaned. Stanley Steemer or Sears. They do mattresses too. I wld also call an exterminator.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no there is really nothing u can do to make sure they are gone. i would all so report it to the health department. if u live in a partment buling the chances are higher they hole buliding have them. they live in the bedding, bed , carpet. i have heard of people putting dry ice or ice on the floor to kill them . and leaving the mattress out side for a few days to kill them
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• would i have to pay the exterminator or is it the landlords jobs to do? should i get some legal advice about this? cuz i have 3 small children and i just starting working again and getting back on my fee,t i don't want to get screwed..ya know?
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• the landlord should have to pay the bill. i would look in to legal advise or look up your state rules for renters.i would try to bomb it first and see what happens from there but do get legal advise if the bombing dont work and u need a exterminator if u no u dont have the money for it. and just wash every thing in hot water
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Honestly I doubt the bomb is going to work. I'm pretty sure that if there are bed bugs and the landlord doesn't get rid of it, that is justifiable for you to break your lease without penalty. Your lease should have somewhere in it about bugs and the responsibility of the renter and landlord.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Also if you end up moving, make sure you wash everything in HOT water as soon as you are in your new place to kill any bed bugs that may have moved along with you. From what I've read they are a real nightmare.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010