question about cleaning my BOPPY pillow

so my boppys been puked on many times, i take the cover off and wash that a lot but how do i wash the actual pillow? its grossing me out thinkin' about it, i <3 my boppy though

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put the whole thing in the washer.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I never actually washed the pillow only the covers.... but gosh u got me thinkin now.... maybe I should wash the pillow
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Maybe try throwing it in the bathtub with some laundry soap and hot water and letting it soak. Then squeeze it out
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I wash the pillow in the washer. I put it in the bottom and wash it alone.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Put it in the washer. Add a normal amount of bleach for your washer, too, to kill any microscopic beasties. Dry it on the warm or cool setting, drying for about 45 minutes then letting it sit for an hour to even out the moisture before drying some more. I think I generally had to go through three drying cycles w/ my dryer to get it fully dry.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Wash it like anything else and throw 2 tennis balls in the dryer to keep it from getting lumpy it will be noisy but it works.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I wash and dry mine with a few bath towels. I usually use normal amounts od detergen and 1/2c of bleach. It takes 2 dry cycles for it to dry completely and I use a dryer sheet so it smells fresh... at least for a few hours! :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 8:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Just put it in the washer and add about 1/4 cup white vinegar and detergent. It will kill germs and get rid of the smell, and is much safer than bleach. Then put it in the dryer on low, and add either a clean sneaker or some tennis balls to keep it from clumping up. They sell waterproof bobby covers now that go between the boppy and the boppy cover. They are $10 at Babies R Us.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i always washed and dried mine just like any normal load of laundry..water level on low,warm/cold and i use tide..when that was done i threw it in the dryer on more dry and it has been puked on a lot and it still looks brand new! i didnt ever use tennis balls or shoes it never clumped up at all.
    Anonymous

• yay thanks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010