Did you know the youngest baby to survive was only 22 weeks gestational? And other fun stuff =) This will give you something to talk about!

Wow that is young! She was born in Miami, Florida at only 10 ounces! The mother had to lie about the baby's age because it is Florida law not to resuscitate a baby under 23 weeks. Thank God that mother was strong enough to lie for her daughter and fight the doctors telling her there was no chance. She made them take care of her daughter and now at 5 months old she is healthy and growing, with no known long term effects!

Some other fun facts:
Youngest to walk- 6 months
Youngest to talk comprehensively- 3 months
Youngest Mother- 5 years old
Oldest Mother- 70 (she had twins!)
Youngest Father- 8
Oldest Father- 90 (with his 21st child!)
Most children by one women- 69, 67 survived infancy (16 sets twins, 7 sets triplets, 4 sets quads)
Most children by one man-867 (342 daughters, 525 sons)

(I can give details on any of them if you want =))

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow, tell more tell more
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• How sad she even had to lie! They should'v have tried no matter what!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I thought there was a younger baby than 21 weeks.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I looked it up and 21 weeks was the youngest anyone had on record. If there is one younger I apologize for misleading you, I'd love to hear how young!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• This is also not including those who were born and died a day or two later, it is out of all those who survived.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• youngest mother at 5....no way
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• She was a Peruvian girl, she had a rare condition that caused her to begin puberty at the age of 8 months, she was then molested and raped at 5. Her parents did not know, they though when her belly began to grow that she had a stomach tumor. When she was about 6 months along her parents took her to the hospital to have the "tumor" looked at. They discovered it was a baby, they then performed an emergency c-section. She gave birth to her 5lb 15ounce son, Gerardo, on Mother's day, May 14, 1939.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• 800 kids wow that is nuts.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Where did you get all this info?? I wanna look all this up and find more stuff ! This info is very interesting. Shoot me a message
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yeah the guy with 800 kids was an emperor..I just started to Google random things, I made sure each of these facts was able to be found on more than one or two sites to ensure they are factual =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010