In Denial?

Is it bad that I am in denial about my pregnancy??? its like i don't want to tell any one about it....im not that far a long yet... but im scared... any one felt the same way when they first found out? and how long did you wait to tell people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I found out that i was 17 weeks along and we never said anything to anyone till I was 22 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Are you in denial because you don't want to be pregnant or are you in denial because you're afraid of losing the baby? If you are afraid of losing the baby, that's how I was. I was only 20 when I got pregnant and still in college. It was hard for me to even accept that I was pregnant, not because it was unplanned, but because I just kept thinking I was going to miscarry. Every day I was just expecting it. I didn't really start accepting it until I was 3 months along and past the "danger zone." Even then I kept thinking I was going to lose my son. I don't know why I thought like that since I had never been pregnant before but I did. Most everyone knew after my 1st doctor's appointment...at 12 weeks...and they verified my son was alive and growing. Most people usually wait until after the first trimester though, just in case.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I was never in denial but due to having a miscarriage with my first pregnancy early on. Glad I never told anyone. That we don't tell anyone till 9 weeks for immediate family and the rest at 12 weeks.

Anonymous

• Same as the last person told immediate family right off and then everybody else not till at the earliest 12 weeks.... my dad kept beggin me to let him tell ppl because he was soo excited but I told him he had to wait! lol but I was deff glad to see he was excited! I to had a miscarriage that is why we waited...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I don't know if you're scared to have a baby or scared to lose a baby, but I was scared out of my mind when I found out I was pregnant!! It was a surprise that I was not anticipating! I told my best friend first and she helped me feel more confident about it. Then I told our families once I had talked to the doctor and my husband and we were feeling pumped about it. Pregnancy can be scary for a lot of reasons, but sometimes it helps to tell someone you don't know and then tell people you do, or just blurt it out! It's a burden to hold in a secret so big and deal with it alone. Let your friends and family be there for you. And you can always call birthright.org to talk to someone.
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010