Exciting trials on Peanut Allergies!

I found this article online and though some of you moms who have peanut allergy sufferers would be interested to hear of this trial going on in the UK. I know its just a study but the've already had a small trial that seemed to be really successful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/feb/21/peanut-allergy-clinical-trial

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 8:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• yes, these trials have been going on for years, and not just with peanuts either.
    i just read the other day that peanut oil is actually used in many vaccines as an emulsifier. maybe injecting this into the blood can create the allergy in some kids.
    does anyone know...if peanut allergies are 4% in the uk, what are they in the us?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• This study is encouraging, in part because it's very similar to a study being conducted at Duke University. Both studies use a version of immunotherapy and both found similar encouraging results. There are also additional studies being done at John Hopkins I think.

Happy2bmom25 - I don't know the specific percentage but I do know it's on the rise. I think the overall percentage of FOOD allergic child is something like 6%.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010