Do you have any true friends?

Hubby and I were talking the other night about our "so called" friends. The ones who we always initiate contact, schedule get together s... Are they really true friends when we are doing all the work to keep the "friendship" in tact? Or are they "sometimes" friends? Do you have any true friends or does that all go away once you are married with family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I gave up on "real friends" years ago. It seems like they always just disapear out of your life in an instant. All of my high school friends stopped talking to me, because I had a baby. My best friend of 22 years stopped talking to me out of the blue for no reason. If you feel like your the only one putting a effort into this friendship, I'd say they aren't "real friends".
    Anonymous

• you have friends until you have kids. then you become friends with people who have kids. the ones without kids keep in touch, but don't hang out with you as much, cuz you can't just up and leave to go out. it takes days and sometimes weeks of planning just to go on a date night.

but yes, i have a true friend. my best friend from years ago and i are still friends. we keep in touch, and visit when we can. it's hard cuz we live states away. we got into an argument once and didn't talk for like a year, but we got over it. we both are married and with kids, she's my kids god-mom and i'm her kids' god-mom.

I think friends are more under category for me. although i call them all "friends" some are "old friends", "new friends", "best friend" or "acquaintances". that might just be me though.

Anonymous

• i dont know..sometmes friends fade away after family life but its probly cuz u have ur own busy lives
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i have a handful....since I was a kid......thats all i need...I find it fairly hard to meet those kinds of people at my age...which is only 30 but honestly there are rarely people I meet who are real, trustworthy and true friends.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i only have one true friend who seems to always be there...we will go through periods where we dont spend as much time together as usual, but in the end she is always there...we dont agree on many things and we are at very different points in our lives and i cant stand her sometimes, but i know we'll always be friends and she will always be there when i REALLY need her....as to everyone else, they have just drifted away...no one else seems to respond to my calls or emails anymore...they have all either became VERY conservative or are all about partying and blowing money they dont have...neither of those lifestyles are compatable with mine....i have come to realize that my SO is and always be my best friend and i have found that most of the time that is enough
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• A FRIEND IS.....
    someone you can call, and say " You are on the side of the road, and will come get you "

someone, you can call and say " hey, I need a ride "

someone, you can sy, Dude my car is messed up, can you help me ? and says "YES"
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010