How can we get paypal to not have our money on hold anymore when a customer on ebay tries fooling us by wanting to keep our new item and send us her old one thats not working anymore?

Paypal gives me the excuse that they need positive feedback from her inorder to take the hold off but she is complaining the item doesnt work and she wants her money back even though I checked it before sending it and it works perfectly but she wants to send me her old one and keep my new one and I dont think its fair, what do you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• What you can do is send the buyer an e-mail and say you'd be happy to accept the return of the item and that a full refund will be given once the item is received and the mark you put on the item before shipping is verified to prove that is indeed the same item you sent to her. Even if you didn't make such a mark the buyer doesn't know that and 9 times out of 10 you'll get a responce saying something to the effect of "Oh nevermind, I got it to work" because at that point the buyer believes they will NOT get away with a switch.

In the future you can in fact make some sort of mark on your items that you sell....just take a picture of that item with the mark (such as a small line on the underside with a permanent marker, or your initials)! But as far as a paypal hold, there isn't much you can do about that, Paypal started holding funds for 21 days for many sellers regardless of buyers trying to pull a fast one or not.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• well in this situation you really dont have proof that the item WAS working when you sent it. all paypal has is her word. me and my husband do ebay as well and sometimes even though you the seller are in the right you get screwed. more than likely you will haveto comply with what the customer wants to have thewhole ordeal be overwith.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If you have a new ebay account or new paypal account they require the buyer to give you feed back or 21 days to pass before releasing the money. It is their policy. Call them and explain the situation. Maybe theyll work with you. Dont count on it though. I have been selling on ebay awhile and remember that 21 day or positive feedback rule and it sucked.

Answer by gemgem at 9:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010