Did anyone have a sonogram tell you it's a girl and then go on to deliver a boy?

MayBaby0507

Asked by MayBaby0507 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My friend's mom's friend (haha) was told she was having a girl and had a boy on April Fool's Day! Thought it was pretty funny.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Not me personally, but before my dh and I were together he had a son and up until the day of delivery they said it was a girl.

Answer by gemgem at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yep, my SIL.. she was so crushed. All pink for clothes and the room. Girls names were all picked out and HE was born.. It did take awhile for the shock to wear off but once it did she was happy the baby was well and healthy..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If you are told you're having a girl it's more likely to be incorrect than if you are told you are having a boy, statistically. Ultrasounds are pretty accurate at gender prediction, but they are definately not 100%! My sister was told several times she was having a boy and ended up having a girl. It's good to take the ultrasound with a grain of salt.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my coworker did, everything was pink! but walmart was VERY nice about it, they took literally EVERYTHING back, some without tags even and let her exchange it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My best friend was told she was having a girl at 18 weeks and they said they were 100%, when she went for a 4d at around 30 weeks they told her it was a boy and they gave her the sonogram for free for being wrong the first time.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes. With my first pregnancy I was told at a 20 week ultrasound that they were 99% positive I was having a girl. So of course everyone went pink crazy. Then at my ultrasound at 28 weeks I was told it was most definately a boy. So back all the girl clothes went to be exchanged for boy clothes. He did end up being a boy not a girl.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 9:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• not to me, but it happened to a good friend of mine.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• with all my ultrasounds, they have been correct. i think it depends on the tech. giving them. so how could you trust them saying everything is ok health wise if they cant tell the sex? that would worry me all together if they got the sex wrong, what else could they have gotten wrong? anyways, with all my babies, they have beem correct. im having a girl this time as well. i saw her parts 3 times, so im pretty sure its a girl.
    Anonymous

• My first son , I was told was a girl, by the ultra sound, and by his heart beat which was very fast. He's definitely all boy!! I know ultrasounds are fairly accurate, but I sure wouldn't count on them 100%!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010