Why is it that only married men find me attractive?

I have been single for a number of years and do not date. I am busy with my children and running a business in order to provide for them. I am finding that the more I mind my own business men are attracted to me. Married men! What am I doing wrong and how can I make it stop?

SFerber

Asked by SFerber at 9:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Single business women are happy and secure as well as confident in themselves. They normally don't have time for relationships. Married men find all of that alluring. They are attracted to your positive demeanor. Usually men like that spend time telling you what a drag his wife has become and wishes she was more like you. Just smile and tell them no thanks and move on. Single men are attracted to your characteristics. They sometimes get intimidated by your position. You are a woman who (to them) has it all together and that's a lot to compete with. The ready made family also makes them hesitate. Committing to a woman is one thing but committing to a package deal is a lot for many single men. It's not impossible to find a good one though so just tell the married ones to go train their wife to be what they want them to be and leave you alone. I used to tell them to bring a note from their wife & I'd go out with them. lol
    Anonymous

• You probably only notice the married ones. If your working then most of the time it is married men working with you or doing business with you. Thats why. Their wives are probably at home taking care of the kids, and so you deal with them more then the wives.
    Anonymous

• I do not work with men, but I understand why you might think that. I mostly ONLY work with moms. And the men I work with know better than to make any moves on me.

Again, I do understand why you might have thought that.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 9:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thank you so much that is very helpful. I know I do seem to have it together...but really I am struggling just like everyone.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• you are fooling yourself, and others imo.
    married men are attracted to you because you are sending them signals that you are available and attracted to them.
    men only approach women who seem to be available.
    you seem to be available to them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I found the same thing when I was divorced. There are A LOT of married men out there looking, but the thing is they are only looking for something on the side, a little fun, not another woman to marry. Also, I was in my early 30s so many of the men my age were already married. But you owe yourself more than to settle for a man who isn't totally and completely yours. It is worth the wait to find a quality man

Answer by missanc at 7:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It's the unattendable and the thrill of the hunt that's attractive even though they are married. It sure doesn't say very much for their character.

Keeping focusing on your goal and children. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i know how you feel i was the same way i dated a guy for at least 6 mo when i became unconfortable with the fact that what he called his exwife was still living with him.even his daughter swore to me that they were divorced.he died about 7 mo ago in a car wreck and that is when i found out they were actually married.hell i did not know who to be more mad at me or the ones that did lie to me.i think if you get married leave single woman alone!!!
    becky200

Answer by becky200 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I do not even FLIRT let alone send signals out. I dress modestly, and behave as if I am married. I do not go out, I do not glance across the room, I do not touch men even casually.

I am glad others have experienced it. Married men need to keep their nose and their attention on their family...and leave us single women alone.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 12:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2010