sex and Braxton hicks

if I have a lot of braxton hicks and I am 17 weeks would it still be ok to have sex with my hubby? I am so scared to screw anything up I don't even want to move just sit on the coutch and wait for 40 weeks to get here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you'll be fine....i'm 19 weeks and having them too. sex won't induce labor...you're only 4 months, the baby won't come out til it's ready. just have fun and relax...i'm still going to the gym every other day and sleeping with my boyfriend and my baby's just fine...hop in the sack and have fun while you can
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• heres another fact....women actually have braxton hicks their entire pregnancy...its just some feel it more than others...some don't even feel them at all
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I know the feeling, but you can't worry about it too much. If you don't have any other symptoms; bleeding, fever, nausea and vomiting, etc., then you're fine to have sex. I will warn you though, you may still have cramping afterward, and if your hubby penetrates too deeply, you will likely see some pinkish blood. Just be careful, and you can use a condom to ward off infection if you want to. It may not be a bad idea.

Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Double check with your doc. In a 'normal' pregnancy it's fine, as long as no bleeding or cramping goes along with it. If there's something else going on, yes, sex could induce labor.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 5:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2010