Ok What do you think about this,A grand parent calling a 2 year old stupid ???

I just cleaned the whole house today where I live with my in laws.They leave trash laying around all the time and I am like their maid...anyways I got upset because as soon as they came home they left their trash laying again and I was like I am not going to pick it up...Well my daughter wich is 2 years old apparently go a hold on one of their waters and poured in it the floor that is when I heard my father in law say what in the world are you doing STUPID!!!!! I got furious My daughter is doing what any 2 year old would do and if they would not leave shit laying around then that would not have happened they are the ones who are stupid!!!! what do you think about this I told my daughter she is not stupid that they are for being adults and acting like children I am getting my own place now because that is just not right would you let them see her after that?the mother in law heard it as well and did not say anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• badNot cool. Hope you find a new place soon. Seems like you are ready for your own space. :)

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If my in-laws EVER called my son a name like that...they would not be seeing him anymore. Period. Anyone that would yell stupid at a 2 year old for doing something as innocent as pouring water on the floor, when it was their own fault that it happened in the first place, is a person my child does not need to be around.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no excuse...calling a child stupid can do more damage than you could imagine
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry. They are awful.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I agree with Ash, that is absurd! I would not want that type of person as any role model for my children.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I would have ripped them a new @$$hole had that been my child!!!

Anonymous

• no way is that appropriate and I myself would've said something to him. yes your own place would be great. you did well by explaining to your child that they are not stupid and adults shouldn't act like that.
    twinkles29

Answer by twinkles29 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010