Caesar Salad?!?!

I just ate a Caesar salad not even 5 minutes ago and JUST read that your not supposed to eat Caesar dressing...?? has anyone eaten caesar dressing while pregnant?

jennishallis

Asked by jennishallis at 9:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never heard of that.
    Twinky

Answer by Twinky at 9:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• never heard of it either, and i eat caesar dressing...?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• you can google it and it says it in a bunch of different resources http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/nutritioninpregn/a/aaabavoidfood.htm
    jennishallis

Answer by jennishallis at 10:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• hm, i never heard of that either...caesar salad is really the only type of salad i like
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It depends on how the dressing is made. If it has raw eggs then it is a threat for ANYONE not just pregnant women. Most ceasars dressing yuse a pasterize egg product. Blue cheese is far more hazardous. Due to Listeria risks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• yeah i ate it all the time it's "unsafe" because it may have raw eggs but like the last post said most dressings use pasterized eggs these days i wouldnt worry about it i ate sandwiches the whole time too baby is fine
    Anonymous

• i've never heard that one! i've had it. a lot of pregnancy precautions are to avoid even very rare ailments. i'm sure you will be fine, don't worry ;)
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• its all i ever ate on my salad this whole pregnancy, my baby is fine! please dont listen to jumbo like this goodness
    Anonymous

• I was worried about the same thing because I love Caesar salad. I found out that usually unless the dressing is homemade or not made in the US that it is ok to eat because it is pasteurized. I wouldn't worry about it.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• oooooook i have only been using bottled caesar dressing, which surely wouldn't have raw eggs in it. instead it's full of all sorts of unhealthy preservatives. :P
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2010