Have you or do you work at walmart?

Please share experiences. I currently work there and I've noticed that their ethics are horrible. It doesn't bother me because I don't take work home with me. Once I'm home, I forget about them..lol. What have you experienced?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I worked at Sam's Club..basically the same thing. Terrible place to work. I would never recommend them to anyone as a job unless you were very desperate.
    Anonymous

• Never worked there, but I've known a few people that have, and they didn't particularly like it either.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I worked there a few years ago and I just got a letter in the mail that they are being sued, and they are settling. It said if you worked there in the last i think it was 12 years and didn't get a break, or didn't get paid for your break or things of that nature...you will be compensated PLENTY of money. They kinda screw people over there. I only lasted there a few months and I had to get out.
    Anonymous

• I worked for Sams Club for 3 weeks. Yep, that's all I lasted, for I HATED that place!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I worked at Walmart for three years and I hated the costumers more than the job. They do pay a lot more than most places will. I would work there again if I wanted to.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I worked in the pharmacy at Walmart for almost 4 years. I was paid very well hourly but I seemed to be at work more than at home. My schedule was supposed to be 40 hours a week but always ended up over that and I always seemed to get cheated on the overtime. I also never managed to get my paid vacation. Somehow when I went from part-time to full-time (within the first year i worked there) they never switched it in the system so I couldn't get vacation because i hadn't been full-time in their system long enough. Needless to say I was beyond pissed because after 3 years I was supposed to get 2 weeks paid vacation but I never even got 1 week. That is the main reason I quit, wasn't worth all the time and effort I put into it. I did notice from what other non-pharm employees said, they got treated way worse than the pharm employees. We had seperate managers and such.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• You should watch the newest documentary on Walmart, and let me know if it sounds real to you or not! I found it to be very interesting and similar to what a few replies said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010