hey moms, what should I do for a colic baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old? "colic" is NOT a condition. they eiether have gas or just need love and attention. advice?: just comfort them.
    Anonymous

• colic is most certainly a condition, its like heart burn.... try gripe water hun
    Anonymous

• anon.. colic is NOT like heart burn, that is ACID REFLUX. colic is a made up condition where the doctor can't figure out what is wrong. like the first anon said, try gas relieving products, or switching formulas.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Bs that it doesn't exist my brother for sure had colic as a baby because he would sound very gassy, fat a lot its bad gas in a baby. He was breastfed, than put on sensitive formula that made it worse than breastfed again with my mother doing a total elimination diet and nothing worked and back then they didn't tell her that you can give babies simethicone so everyone suffered. He grew out of it finally at 8 months old. He was totally healthy and a chubby baby besidest just so badly gassy it was just his system.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• fart a lot*
    Crystal8327

• Ok, I'm no expert, but I think the PPs have just made things confusing. "Colic" is what your baby is diagnosed with if they cry more than 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, 3 weeks in a row (look it up, I'm not sure if I have that totally right, but anyway, there is a set of guidelines). And they don't know why it happens. It used to be considered related to digestion, but there is suggestions that it is actually neurological, related to overstimulation. Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert. Having said there, there is no specific way of treating it. There is a book called "Happiest Baby on the Block" that supposedly teaches ways to soothe your baby. I read it and found it good, although my baby didn't have colic. It talks about 4 Ss: Swaddle, sway, side- or stomach-lying, and sucking. So they say if you swaddle baby tight, rock them, put them on side or stomach, and let them suck, that helps. See if you can find the book. GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• my daughter when i brought her home from the hositpal was fantastic! only got upset when she wantd to eat, they say colic tkes up to 4weeks to kick in effect, youll no if your child has it, i think people just havent had the exsperence of colic children. my daughter got so bad we had to switch her formula to simalac Aluimenm it started to work with in two days!, i recommend the sentive to(its great for there upset bellys) i had been told by my peditrion that anythign can calm them down for a hr, sometimes itd be the bink,sometimes its rocking,being held,bouncying.
    Anonymous

• colic is when your child cant tell you whats hurting them, Gas,Ears,ect
    Anonymous

• My son had colic and the book Happiest Baby on the Block was a life saver...it may take a few days for you to get it down, but it really does work. I couldn't get swaddling down with a recieving blanket, so we bought swaddlers and they are great as well
    suthrnpeaches

Answer by suthrnpeaches at 8:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my 2 month old, is very coliky. constipated, cries a lot and fights sleep!! im a first time mother and very frustrated. i dont know what to do. ive been giving him infacol for the past 5 days and havnt noticed a huge difference. help
    reemo

Answer by reemo at 7:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2010