MAMA'S PLEASE HELP ME!!

MY SON IS 6 MONTHS OLD AND BED TIME IS A JOKE. WE PUT HIM DOWM BETWEEN 830-9PM FOR BED TONIGHT HE DOSN'T WANT TO SLEEP AND I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS NOT SLEEPING THINK. THEN HE WAKES UP AT 12 AM THEN 2,4,6 AM NO MATTER WHAT TIME HE GOES DOWN IF HE GOES DOWN AT MIDNIGHT HE IS UP AT 2. ANY ADVISE OF WHAT I CAN DO. I NEED HELP I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF NO SLEEP I AM GOING TO LOSE IT. SO PLEASE HELP.

cmjarvis

Asked by cmjarvis at 10:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What is his actions when waking? Does he cry, does he play? He is 6 months. I would make sure all is safe in his crib and leave him there, checking on him when he cries.
    Anonymous

• He needs to wake up every two hours, probably to EAT? At that age they are usually still eating every 2 hours. Maybe you need to bump up his formula. Give him like 2oz more than you usually do and he'll stay full a little longer. I dunno what else to tell you. My son was sleeping through the night a full 12hrs at 4.5 months.
    Anonymous

• I agree he is probably hungry. Are you already feeding him cereal? If not start spoon feeding it to him at dinner time and then give him a bottle with more milk than usual. And when he cries just check to make sure he is safe don't pick him up he will cry himself to sleep JMO
    Anonymous

• I would continue to do what you are doing with the bed time at 830-9pm...Give him a bath,maybe some rice cereal (not in the bottle) and then a bottle to make his lil belly content. Then brush his gums to avoid decay from the milk..then but him to bed and cover him up..give hugs and kisses and tell him night night and walk out of the room. If you do that consittetly then he will catch on and simply fall asleep without being held or needing you in there with him while he goes to sleep. If he continues to wake during the night i would go in and check on him making sure he was covered up and laying on his back (safe sleep) and then rub his head and tell him night night and then walk out. If he continues to wake up after that he may be hungry again. at that age they still wake up in the middle of the night to eat. All 3 of mine did ! hope this helps...Goodluck !!
    Anonymous

• The waking is unfortunately normal.I agree with the other moms. Feed him. Five hours is sleeping though the night.

Get some more down time by dumping that which isn't necessary for survival.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Remember that this will pass, and sleep deprivation SUCKS, but you will miss the baby days. Don't wish them gone, enjoy every night, no matter how sleepless. :)
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 11:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my doctor said as long as there safe leave him there let him cry it out a few night of this he will realize your not coming to get him and stop. Make sure he is dry and full.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't expect him to be sleeping thru the night. (I know some do, but none that are related to me, LOL!) I would expect to feed him thru the night UNTIL he stopped waking thru the night. He knows when he's hungry. Sometimes, it could be gas, or he wets, or whatever. The only thing you can do is try to nap when he's napping and forget about the housework & make suppers like sandwiches, etc. . He won't be a baby for long. This too shall pass. When it does, believe it or not, you'll wonder why the time went so fast. My son had sleep issues until he was almost 2 y/o. I didn't think I'd ever sleep again, but I am and am sad that he's growing up so fast.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• BTW, If you need a break, get one. Ask someone to come over so that you can get several hours sleep in a row to renew yourself. Or have someone take him for several hours and get some SLEEP. Once you do, you'll be able to make it longer. My sister was a godsend to me, just coming to play with him so that I could take a nap. I've been where you are. You will make it.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Put him on solids, feed it to him before bed, also bump up the formula or whatever you feed him, then if he still cries let him cry for three to five minutes and then go to him, try to settle him, if it doesnt work just repeat till he gets it. Worked for me like a charm, mine almost always sleeps through the night and he's six months
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2010