Are there any Legit work from home jobs?

I'm a single mother & work full time. I barely make it paycheck to paycheck & need some extra income. Does anyone know of any legit work from home jobs I could look into?

WHITETIGER2137

Asked by WHITETIGER2137 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

I've made good money with Scentsy. It's easy, and lots of fun. I'm happy to help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have two Beachbody and PrePaid Legal

I have friends that do Avon, Watkins, Tupperware, FindersKeyPurse, and AdvoCare ...

There are others Pampered Chef, Passion Parties, and Candle Lite

All of these will have a start up costs from $20 - $125 and many have a monthly fee, as little as $15 a month for fees like maintaining a website and some, not all have minimum sales/purchase requirements.

If you want more specific info on any of these businesses, then shoot me a message. I can share my info and get you in touch with the others.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Discover something you like to do, and do it freelance. Some things like graphic design you may need software, others like researching and writing you don't. Whatever you are good at and could offer someone, there will be somebody out there to hire you to do it. It takes time, but so does anything worthwhile. I get most of my clients through craigslist, emails, and word of mouth from previous or current clients. (PS...sites like getafreelancer.com are crap because you will wind up working for nearly nothing. Charge what you are worth, and eventually you'll believe you deserve it...and then others will believe you deserve it!)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Telecommuting is a way to earn extra. I personally found building a Melaleuca business to fit my lifestyle and family best.

I too am a single mom, I know how challenging that can be.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i know a job free to join and don't have to spend money to make money message me for more details!
    famedcheeze

Answer by famedcheeze at 11:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i work from home running two websites and am about to start one where i can help moms work from home and then i also have a 9-5 working online
    i have a list of a few work at home jobs and businesses on my site buzybeezparties.com
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have worked from home for 16 years now. I would love to share with you what I do. PM me for more details.
    AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 5:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I work from home, partnered with a wellness company that makes chemical free household products - shampoo, cleaners, vitamins, makeup, etc. I buy direct online and save 40% off retail - I saved $30 in my first month just by switching stores! The company pays you loyalty dollars just for shopping and by referring friends to the products you can receive bonuses, car allowances, and unlimited earning potential.
    The products work better, cost less, and are much safer for your family. I love the products, my job, and most importantly spending time with my little girl. It is a great opportunity and I would recommend it to any mom who wants to earn extra money!

Let me know if you want more information!
    Carron
    mommy2egg

Answer by mommy2egg at 11:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2010