Were you disappointed when you found out your baby wasnt the sex you hoped for?

I mean, really really disappointed. To where you just werent excited anymore. I kind of feel like that, but its mainly because I was almost positive I knew what I was having. I still feel like they were wrong, but I also know there is a good chance they werent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got what I wanted both times, but hubby and I made a promise to ourselves and each other that no matter what the sex was we would be happy if he/she was healthy.

It doesn't matter if you have a boy or a girl, your a mommy! They will love you the same, they'll eat, sleep, get messy, play, and learn the same. Once you see your baby, you will fall in love and the sex won't matter anymore.

Congratulations on your baby, good luck!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I was a little upset when I was told a boy with my second. I had a few tears. I was hoping for a girl since I already had a boy at home and my pregnancy was so different that I thought for sure it was a girl. With #3, again hoping for a girl, and they told me it was a girl but I didn't believe them until she actually came out! I had a friend that was told a girl at three different ultrasounds, different techs every time, and it came out a boy.
    Anonymous

• I was just happy to get through the labor with no complications and see my baby...all three times. We didn't have ultrasounds back then so we never knew until the baby was born. And I was NEVER disappointed!!!! We had two girls and a boy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I felt disappointed, not as severely as you, but I felt sad, like my motherly intuition was broken or something! It's not though, I just don't have gender ESP, and that's okay. My daughter is wonderful, and your child will be too (of course). Don't get hung up on the details, you're about to bring a healthy soul in to the world!
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I was shocked, not disappointed....I just never even thought that I would have a girl.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We didn't know what either one of ours was going to be until we had them. I don't know about my ex, but I didn't really care what I was having. Although I think everyone will agree that by a certain point, all you want is for it to be out of there!! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I was a little shocked but I mostly thought it was funny because where as I could have pretty much cared less what the gender was as long as it was a healthy baby once again everyone thought I was having a girl and once again I had a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I kinda' wanted a girl, but DH wanted a boy. I determined early on that I would be happy for him to have a son, and, anyway, I thought it might be good for my oldest to be a boy. Then , even though I didn't find out the gender before he was born, i really thought it was a boy, so i was all psyched up for boy, and there he was!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yes i was bummed. It was pretty bad because we found out the gender in a 3d ultrasound with my boyfriends mom and two sisters there. i so wanted a girl and was convinced it was for five months. (we waited until moving home f.rom out of state to find out) When the tech said it was a boy i started crying and had to pretend i was just crying because i was so happy. It took me about a week to get over it. i felt like a had to say goodbye to a daughter. Then he came and now he's here and i can't imagine it any other way!!
    serinaberina

Answer by serinaberina at 1:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• With my first I was a little disappointed. There hadn't been a girl born into my husband's family in over 20 years. All the women were married in so I thought for sure she was a born but they said "It's A Girl."

I honestly cried a little. Then I felt like the worst mom in the world until I read an article about a real thing called "Gender Disappointment" and how it's normal. Then I felt better.

ANd I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Having a girl first was amazing. Now I can' imagine if she'd been a boy and looking back I think I knew all along she was a girl because I always had doubts.

With my son I KNEW the WHOLE pregnancy that he was a boy. I just KNEW and sure enough he was. I wasn't shocked in the slightest but because I knew from the moment of conception that we were having a BOY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2010