Do you ever worry about dying.

shorty00207450

Asked by shorty00207450 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No because I know I am going to see Jesus.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I never used to but now that I have a little one to take care of I do.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 11:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Not really. Sometimes I get a bit worried, but then quickly tell myself that worrying will not make it not come. So I really try not to dwell on it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• all the time its one of my biggest fears!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• yes! all he time
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• not the dying...just how I will get there- if there will be pain or whatever
    I just don't want to go before my kids are grown and doing OK on their own
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• No.. In my mind, there's nothing to worry about. I will die one day, no two ways about it. It will happen, my worrying about it won't change that fact.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• When I was in my 20's and had 2 small kids, I had some medical stuff happen that made the Drs and everyone think I was going to die. I had to live with that for several months (I still have to deal with some of the stuff from it, but not like it was). When you're faced every day with believing you aren't going to live very much longer, it puts things in a different perspective.

I'm a Christian, and I was then, too, but that didn't mean that I was ok with the situation. It wasn't that I was afraid to die, I knew I would go to Heaven, but I was afraid about what was going to be left behind - and how it was going to impact my dh and kids. I knew they were going to be too young to really remember me, and I felt very angry, because I had a lot of bad things happen growing up, and as an adult had a good and happy life, and felt like now I was going to be cheated of that.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• cont

It really put things in perspective as far as what's important and what isn't. My family is my focus, more than getting rich or anything like that. It's also made me really appreciate life, and spend time enjoying what I have, sort of like Jimmy Buffet says in his song, "I'd rather die while I was living than live while I was dead." Also, the country song "Live Like You're Dying".

I think this is something we all have to face at some time or another, but the question is do we let the fear of it cripple the time we have alive, or do we accept that we will at some point, so let's make the best of what we have?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• No. I guess it's crossed my mind. More often I've thought of losing my DH, because my dad died when i was a little girl, and I think about how overwhelming it would be to raise my child without him. But even then, I refuse to let myself dwell on it. I'd get too sad, and there is plenty of time for that if something does happen. Right now I'm just so thankful for what I have!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010