Why do people always assume the worst?

I asked a question about what I can do to help my 20 month old because he's behind... I got mostly nice reasonable answers then I had people saying I'm not a nice parent and need parenting skills asking if I physically or verbally abuse my child? So, because he's behind this makes me a bad parent?

I had to go through alot to adopt my kids and I would never do these things! The fact that they said this insted of giving postive advice is just really annoying me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mean people suck! If you are going to survive coming to this site, you will have to get a thicker skin. There are women out there that just sit around all day in their pathetic excuses for lives...or lack there of, and pounce on other women. Put it in a bubble and blow it away momma...just ignore ignorance.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• People are mean. And I didn't see your original question, but my daughter is behind she is 2.5 years old. I hav Early Intervention involved, they help a lot. You are certainly not a bad parent. These things happen.
    Anonymous

• He has a therapist with Early Steps and she tells me how to handle what he does but I feel like there more I can be doing to help him. She told me alot of it is just being stubborn and lazy! All I asked is what can I do to stop him from acting like an infant and now I feel like an awful person! At least I'm trying to help him and not let him sit around and be a lazy child... He has so much potential and I want to help him reach it!
    Anonymous

• We live in a cynical society where we think the worst of others. Just so you know, some children are slower at reaching their milestones than others are, and there is nothing about your parenting skills that can change it.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• One thing to remember is this is a women's group filled with women that are on the rag or pregnant, the happy one's are the one's who just said goodbye to "aunt flo" and are no longer pregnant
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I've had the same issue here. I just handle it the same as I handle it face to face. If someone has a nasty response I just smile and consider the source.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 2:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Misery loves company! That's what I think does it. When People are unhappy with themselves they tend to lash out at other people.
    Anonymous