How long should/do you need to wait until you can start having sex again after birth.

Brittanytwins

Asked by Brittanytwins at 11:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• 6 weeks
    Anonymous

• They tell you 6 weeks. I waited the full 6 weeks with my first child...and the second, i think we waited like 4-5 weeks. It all depends on how healed up you are and how you're feeling. don't ever let a man pressure you into having sex after birth. You are SO fertile after birth. I know a friend who has three kids and they are all born less than a year apart from each other it's not fun
    Anonymous

• when you feel ready. i did after 4 weeks. just know there is a higher risk of infection if you decide to have sex before 6 weeks PP.
    Anonymous

• docs say 6 weeks or when you are ready. We tried after 3 weeks but it was horrible and we didn't try again until 8 weeks
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• YUp, depends on you. I couldn't really do anything until 9 weeks.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• my doc told me 6 weeks cause it is possible to rip down there if you ar not totally healed and then you would have to wait even longer. Not a risk I was prepared to take LOL
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2010