I think I found "the one", but.......

We have been dating 2 yrs and he has a son from his first marriage. Even though we are not engaged, I do feel things are heading that way. One problem- he is putting up a brick wall to letting me have "any" relationship with his son(who is 5 in a half). I am very good with kids- I have many nieces and nephews I have babysat on a regular basis, so this is puzzling to me. His ex wife is pleased it is me he is dating, she says she likes that I am smart and good with kids and is happy he has moved on. So, she is not the one holding him back. Every time I try and get close to his son, playing a puzzle with him, watching his fav shows with him, etc., my bf steps in and "takes over" the attention, taking it away from me and his son. Can't figure out why he would be doing this. When I ask him if I can take his son to the park, he is offended if he can't go too. Every effort I make is being blocked by him. I am having doubts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to him about it. Let him know how you feel. There's really nothing else you can do.
    Anonymous

• It kinda sounds like your boyfriend is jealous of the attention you give his son. Not sure what to do about it.. I've never had that experience, but you should bring it up with him and see what he says. Maybe do more stuff together as a family so that he doesn't think your paying too much attention to his son and not him?? I"m really not sure, but if nothing comes of you talking to him about it then a counselor might be able to help you address the problem.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• RED FLAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Wooo... yeah, I would say red flag. I don't know why a man would do that.... I think you definitely need to find out!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would talk to him and let him know how you are feeling. My ex loved seeing me spend time with his kids. He could be jelous, but it is something you need to know It could also be that he doesnt want his son attached cause he doesnt plan on being around forever. Make sure before you go any further.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2010