What kind of Mother do you see yourself as? And what kind do you want to be?

I ask, because I always believe I could be better but I don't know just how much better I could be?
I am the Mother who loves My family;y and am always there for them even if I am busy or somewhere else or working. I am the Mother who gives tons of hugs, kisses, and I love you's, does all the house chores and makes dinner once a night for My Husband. I want to be the fun Mom as well. So on My Day's off We always have fun, even when I get home from work, I play with My Daughter who is 6 months old, and am always planing different activities. I want to be with My Baby more, but I am a full time working Mom I do the best that I can!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I want to be the understanding mother. I don't want my child to be afraid to tell me anything. I was afraid to tell my mother a lot of things growing up and because of it I made some bad decisions and I don't want my son to go through that. I also want to be the fun mother so I make sure to have at least an hour or more of just mommy and son fun time. I know that time will shorten as he gets older but right now I love it so much. At the same time I do want my child to respect me and know that he is not running the show, I one thing I will not tolerate is ungratefulness or entitlement, these traits a long with greed are some of the worst traits I see in kids and I can't stand it.
    The last thing I want to be is an embarrassment to my child - I don't mean the pre-teen /teen years where the fact that you have a mother is an embarrassment, I mean I want to conduct myself in such a away that is positive and nurturing to my child
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm the kind of mother who sometimes feels like a failure but knows my baby is going to grow up knowing how much he's loved. I stay at home because I believe I'm the best person to raise my son, but I need to be more motivated and set a better example. I stress small stuff sometimes, and am way laid back about things other people stress. What I like best is what I see when my baby looks at me and thinks I'm the best thing in the world!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2010