What does your SO say when you complain about feeling fat, and how do you respond?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 1:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Wow. You girls are lucky.
    If I complain about being fat, my SO stays silent and looks at me.
    I'm just waiting for the "Shut up, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen"

Never comes.

I mean really, the only reason we say it is to hear them call us gorgeous.
    BTW, I'm 7 pounds over weight...seriously, what does he want? anorexia. pff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't complain about being fat. I complain about being lazy and not excercising enough. He usualy says get up and get going then. LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My husband says "I love you just the way you are, but if losing weight will make you feel better about yourself than make sure you do it in a healthy way." - He is very tactful
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yeah that is like a daily complaint that comes outta my mouth lol, BUT my husband always tells me to shut up, and that I'm beautiful, hes pretty good at making me feel better about my self.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I dont complain anymore, but when i have in the past he just told me how much he loved me and that it didnt matter how big i was, normally i would think he was lying but loved him for it anyhow. Now I think back and realize he was telling the truth it really doesnt matter to him he still loves me for me. Now when i say anything he will say things like "well you did skip your workout yesterday, go to the gym i'll watch the kids" He knows that now for me it is more mental, if i skip a day working out or i have more than my alotted cheat food for the week i feel crapy and he wont let me whine about it he encourages me to get back on track. I asked him to help keep me in line so he is fulfilling his end of the deal.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My SO says he likes me the way I am and says well its "his" i have issues with my tummy and hate for it to be touched or looked at. And thats when he likes to do that even more.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 5:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My dh gets really frustrated if I complain about being fat. Probably because he's heard it so many times. He tells me, If you want to lose weight do it for you and if you don't want to that's fine, but stop complaining about it then.
    Anonymous

• OP here: Yeah, my DH tries to be "helpful" when he hears me complain. Bless his heart, he tells me how to lose weight and then I really want to hit him. I think maybe he's afraid if he tells me he likes me the way I am, than I won't change!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2010