Feeling Lost...?

I'm a christian and have been one for quite awhile. I love the Lord. I'm young w/ a 2.5 yr old and a 5.5 month old and i just seem so lost. I pray but i dont feel like im getting any closer to God. I feel so distant from him. I know its not him(God) its me but i just can't seem to pull it together. I feel like a let down, i ask for forgiveness for certain things and then finding myself doing it again. John 9:31 says God doesn't listen to the sinners only those who obey and i fear i have fallen into that category. I feel pulled in so many directions right now and i just feel lost... Any advice or thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• (((hugs))) is all i have for you momma!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Galatians 6:9 says, "So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time."

I will keep you in my prayers. Continue to seek God, and know that He is faithfull and He is with you, even when you don't feel His presence. He can give you that victory over your sin, but only when you are ready to stop and when you realize you can't stop in the power of your own strength.

You seem so overwhelmed. Just simplify your walk with Him; just let your love for Him motivate you. Put worship music on, listen to Christian radio, read whenever you get a quick chance, and pray as you go about your day. Keep it up, don't get discouraged!!! God will lead you through your dry seasons; He can give you streams in the desert. : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I think it may be your hormones not your sins. Talk to your doctor about your feelings. You sound depressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I think we all feel that way at some point. We feel as if we are not good enough to speak with God, and so we become distanced in our minds. God is there. Jesus said "I will never leave you or forsake you" If you are a child of God, He is listening to you, and He forgives you when you come to Him in repentance asking for forgiveness. But you also need to be able to forgive yourself. Once you have repented and asked forgiveness, forget about it. Do not ask again. The Bible says that God has thrown our sins as far away from His presence as the east is from the west. Tell God how you feel, every single bit of it. Yes, He already knows, but it is as much for you as it is for Him. If the feelings persist after prayer and reading the Bible, I would suggest that you join a Bible study or speak to your pastor's wife or a deacon's wife in your church. Your family of believers can help you, but often you need to ask them.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Also, take some time for yourself. Getting a change of scenery can help immensely. Have someone else take the kids and go for a walk or go out with a friend for "tea and talk" or something.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I go through this sometimes even though my girls are a bit older (4 and 7). Don't always trust your feelings, which can change with the tides, trust God's word that never changes. He is there even when you can't "feel" him. I always find that the times I feel so distant from God is because I haven't been in his word as much. Try to read the Bible when you can. I know reading can be tough or nearly impossible with little ones I listen to Christian programming on the radio and it is an immense help during commute and housework! If that's not an option perhaps you could go to the library and find the Bible, a Bible study or some Christian literature on tape. Pray often, it keeps the lines of communication open.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• *tape or CD

LOL. We live in a small town with a kind of "out of date" library.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have felt like that too and I find what helps me is to fast and pray... I dont know if it would work for you but just some time alone in quiet uninterrupted space to pray and talk with God really helps to ease my mind. I will pray for you. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You're definitely not the only one. I was like that for almost 3 years. The thing that is making a difference for me is trying to stick with one commitment: spending time reading the Bible every day. Strangely enough, watching movies/TV makes me depressed. It's hard to stop, but the more time I spend with God, the less I watch tv. TV/movies strangles my closeness with God.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2010