What is your daily routine like as a Mother and Wife, and the working life?

Mine assists getting home from work, doing laundry, putting dishes away, picking up My 6 month old nursing, then playing with her with her toys, while trying to prepare dinner at the same time, and then getting My shower, playing with the dog, watching tv, some down time online. LOl the list goes on. But yeah after that it's about 10:00 pm close to bed time. I ask because sometimes it's so overwhelming and hard to do at times, especially if you don't have much energy. Don't you think Husbands should help out more? Why should we be the only ones doing all the hard ass work! I guess Us as Mothers are multi-tasters for a reason.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can only be treated how YOU ALLOW someone to treat you. If your husband is not helping in these things, it is up to YOU to calmly, politely let him know your needs and where he can help you out. You wil have to be specific. expect some griping to begin with. but once you have a routine with him helping, it will be better. stand up for yourself and let him know what you need.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thank you that was helpful, and just the past 4 months I had let him known. He is better then he was, haha I am slowly training him.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You DH needs to step up... he should be doing just as much work as you are around the house. Both my DH and I work full time... we take turns preparing meals, he does the dishes and takes out the garbage and he does a fair amount of laundry.

As for a daily routine... I work mostly evening shifts, so I get up with my son in the morning around 7, we have breakfast, if her have errands to run we do those early so he's not cranky... I try to throw some laundry in if it needs to be done, he and I hang out and play and snuggle and then we have lunch, then it's nap time... after nap I bring him to daycare and his dad picks him up a couple hours later..... his daddy's routine is to come home, they play for awhile, then he makes them dinner, then I suppose they play again and then he gives him a bath and put him to bed and after that he does things like dishes or whatever house work needs to be done.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010