Why is it that people can say what they want about you, without hurting your feelings?

They might as well just be honest about what they are saying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• HUH!?!? Sorry, very lost here.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well people will tell me that yeah your cool I really like you, so of course I feel all appreciated and feel good about myself. But then within hours, or days later I hear rumors that My co-workers will say about me, or think that I am dumb or doing My job wrong. Sometimes it bothers me, because I am feeling like they are betraying me or saying things behind My back like they are 2-faced. So they might as well just tell me to My face how they feel, it may not even hurt My feelings, at least i would know how they truly felt so I could try to work on whatever it was that they disliked that I was doing.

I hope this makes more sense.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am confused, if it doesnt hurt your feelings why does it matter?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It matters even if It may not hurt My feelings because I don't like how people talk behind other peoples backs, or seem to be 2-faced.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would rather them just be honest with me, they make it seem like it might hurt My feelings so they don't say anything to me, they talk behind My back. So if they were to tell me to My face it may not hurt My feelings, it would just be nice if they would tell me, instead of talking abd about me behind My back or about me I should say!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I honestly am confused on what the OP is looking for here!! the question is kinda hard to understand.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It matters even if It may not hurt My feelings because I don't like how people talk behind other peoples backs, or seem to be 2-faced

I was talking to the OP, if you notice we posted at the same time so I hadnt even read your response when i posed my answer. I get what your saying still confused about the OP though.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Oh well, My Co-workers talk to me and act like I am cool and they like me, and then when I am not around they will say things about me, that may or may not be rude and they talk mean about me. I am not offended I would just like to know the truth's of how they feel about me.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sorry I should had worded it differently. LOL I guess what I am trying to say is that. I wish that My Co-workers would tell me how they feel about me, before going to others and talking about me to them instead of me first on how they feel about me as a person.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• If the person isn't someone who is important to me, it's someone I don't know, or only know in a very casual way, then honestly, what they have to say probably won't hurt my feelings per say, but it will affect what I think of them. Because yes, I believe that it's important to be honest, but that doesn't mean that every thought we have needs to be expressed. For example, I don't need to walk up to some woman I barely know and say "wow - I can't believe how fat your butt got over the summer..." That might be the truth, but what good comes from me saying that? If I heard someone say that, whether to me or to someone else, I would think that they were rude and needed to learn some social skills and how to filter their thoughts, which would affect what I thought of the speaker.

If it's someone that I care about, and whose opinion matters, then yes, something said in a hurtful way, even if it's true, can hurt my feelings.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2010