Possibly pregnant again.. Help ?

Hi there i gave birth 9 weeks ago and i bleed for 3 & a half weeks after the birth ( Normal pregnancy bleeding ) and havent bleed since..I recently like three days ago.. had sex with my partner & well had issues with the contraception... how likely is it that i am pregnant and how long should i wait before testing im so confused..as i have no way of working out when my next period should have been..all help would be greatful...I was taking precautions..so i dont need to be judged...just help.

Nicole_Anne

Asked by Nicole_Anne at 2:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• welp honey sounds like you should give your OB a call. it is possible you got yourself preggers again.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I no thats the things it just too soon to test but because of my last bleed i have no idea when i was due again...
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 2:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well, no matter what you should have started...most tests can detect a pregnancy roughly two weeks after conception. So just count two week or so (make it two and a half to be safe) and then test. If you don't start after FOUR weeks, then test again. If you gave birth nine weeks ago, then bled for three...you should approaching your first actual period in the next couple of week anyway if you aren't breastfeeding. So that is my advice. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would think that you are most likely ok, though it is still a possibility. Try not to worry about it too much. Even if you are not breastfeeding it may still take some time for your period to return. Just test in a couple of weeks like the pp mentioned.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Try not to worry. I thought I was pregnant around 5 months after my son was born because I still hadn't gotten my period back. Turns out I wasn't pregnant, just my body was having a little trouble getting back to 'normal'. Call your ob or take a HPT in a week or two. Good Luck!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My body was showing signs of ovulation so this is why i am a little worried i mean if it happens then it happens not much i can do...as i am firmly against abortion...
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 3:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010