is this my baby

i will all of a sudden feel a change in weight at the front of my stomach, or something pressing on my hip. If i touch by belly where the weight is it is rock hard but then after a few minutes or once i move around a bit it goes away. I am 17.6 weeks pregnant. I havent felt the baby move unless this is the baby?

pregnantandsad

Asked by pregnantandsad at 2:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like it to me! Your uterus can get hard if it contracts, but you wouldn't be feeling it from the outside nor would it be near your hip. So I think it's your little one!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• aw that made my night lol
    pregnantandsad

Answer by pregnantandsad at 3:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yup sounds like baby, just wait till they use your bladder as a punching bag lol, i always imgined my kids sort of bouncing on my bladder sort of like a bounce house LOL, my favorite is when you get a little bigger and you see this little bump move across your belly as they move.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Could be braxton hicks if your whole stomach at the bottom gets hard. If it's just a spot of a bump, it's the baby. Later on you can feel limbs and them sticking their little butt up!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2010