You have to take what you get......

When I was pregnant with my first I was so excited to go to my ultrasound. An older lady that I worked with said "Back in my day we didn't have ultrasounds to tell us what we were having we just had to take what we got" I almost died laughing. Don't we still have to take what we've got? What's the funniest thing you have been told about pregnancy or parenting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ROFLOL, yeah cause if you dont like whats on the screen they can fix it lmao. That is funny, I love it!

The funniest thing at least I thought it was, my grandmother who never breastfed saw me eat a piece of chocolate and said "you cant have that! its bad for the breastmilk" she snatched it from me then turned around and handed me a beer and said "here drink this, at least while your at my house I can make sure you get the right things in your body to make decent breastmilk" I polietly said no thank you then went out side and died laughing. I mean really dont eat chocolate but have a freaking beer!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• OP
    Wow no chocolate but beer is fine? Where do people come up with this stuff?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My MI:L told me my 4 week old was allergic to my breastmilk... and me being a naive little bunny believed her (Yup weaned him in the space of a week). Took another three years for me to get her to admit she'd never fed any of her kids and had no clue of what she was on about... 15yrs later I am a much wiser bunny.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Funniest thing I ever heard is also the saddest in a way. DH has a friend who was having trouble getting his youngest (about 6 months or so) to sleep at night. A little old lady (you know the type) in the church he pastors told him this: "just put a pillow over her face until she falls asleep and she'll be fine" REALLY? After I finished laughing I felt sad because she apparently used this method to sleep train her kids.....
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• "just put a pillow over her face until she falls asleep and she'll be fine"

OMG that is scary!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010