is the heartrate gender thing real at all?

I find out what I'm having tomorrow, and since the heartrate has been 1550160 at each visit I'm sort of giving up all hope of a boy because of it. Mentally I KNOW it's not scientific...but my pregnant mind doesn't care I guess. lol. Anyone here has a super fast heart rate and it was a boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's actually one that my Dr's told me, BUT, they also said that it was a general rule of thumb and wasn't a hard and fast way to tell. Just that generally, one gender is faster than the other (lol, it's been awhile, I can't remember right now which is supposed to be faster and which is supposed to be slower...)

When my Dr told me this, I was pg with my second, and he said that he couldn't tell, but that based on the heartbeat, he would GUESS (and he stressed guess) it was a boy... Then he explained that whole in general but not always thing...

OH, and btw, when the baby was born, it was a girl :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Honestly I didnt pay attention till i was having a girl and even then my doctor kept telling me that it wasnt a sure sign, I knew it was a girl no one could tell me differently. So keep your fingers crossed and listen to your body, most moms just know. With my second I thought it would be nice to get a girl but i knew it was a boy, even though i held out a little bit of hope for a girl I knew deep down it was a boy, sure enough there he was on the screen in all his glory. After that I just learned to listen to that inner voice.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• give me ur age at conception and the month you conceived and I can try and predict what you are having.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• every person i know that has has a kid the heartrate has always been right. high equals girl. low equals boy.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Worked for me too, but again, there's no hard and fast rules. My little girl tends to run 150-160, but last time she was down to 138. Depends on what you've eaten, how much activity, and whether baby's sleeping.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 4:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• my daughters heartreate always stayed in the 140 and the chinese gender predictor said we were having a boy. She is a girl.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• All of my kids heart rates have been about the same - in the 150s, and I have 3 boys and 1 girl, pregnant with my 2nd girl

Answer by missanc at 7:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Nope my sons hr was 160-168 in the womb and he is all boy. So i think it's a bunch of bull. I did have luck with the Chinese prediction chart it worked with both my kids but again that might have just been luck.
    http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 7:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• no we achually asked the dr that one time cause someone told that to DH I told him it wasn't true so he asked the dr and the dr said it wasn't true just like the way you carry is achually not true either. A friend of mine told everyone she was having a girl bc her dr told her it was a girl just cause the way the heartbeat was well cause what? She had a boy so I don't believe in those things
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I think you got your answer NO it's not, my second daughter was always between 130-160. When it was below 140 I was excited thinking YAY boy; well it was a girl. My first child also a girl stayed over 150 though. We find out Friday what we are having; Hoping for a boy.
    joni80

Answer by joni80 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2010