how do i get my baby to sleep at night

my little girl is 6 months old and she thinks she never has to sleep i need some help ive tried everthing from leting her cy it out to laying with her to rocking her nothing is workin

lilyrosemommy09

Asked by lilyrosemommy09 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop some of her day time naps. Espeshally the evening/ late afternoon naps.

Answer by louise2 at 6:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• it's a gradual process. Is she having solids yet? If so, let her have her dinner, then a long deep bath, take her to her room with dm lights, a bottle or breast feed then bed. Low white noise like an untuned radio playing all night is good as it is a familiar tone that is still going each time she wakes up. I am actually not a fan of control crying or forcing a baby to go through the night before they are ready. They are little people who are so dependent on us, and we are the ones who brought them here. She wakes and cries out because she is wondering where you are. You are her person. The world is spinning around you in her eyes, she wants to be with you cause you are her centre.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Try eliminating one of the day time naps, or at least make them shorter. If she hasn't started solids, you might want to introduce them. The twins started sleeping better once we did. You've also got to remember that a baby is going to do things on his or her own schedule. Your DD may just take longer to get on a schedule than some other. It wasn't until about 7.5-8mos that I got my babies to go to bed on their own. They were ready though, I didn't have to force it. But there are still times when they want mommy and daddy to snuggle them. It takes time, but you'll get there.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Babies are not built to sleep through the night. Try co-sleeping; you can dose while baby snacks.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010