If EVERY mother chose to be a SAHM...

Wouldn't we be out a lot of doctors, lawyers, architects, pharmacist, nurses, teachers, store clerks... the list could go on and on! Now before you go wondering why some mothers want careers think about every person you came in contact with in the last week and ask your self how different your week would have been if every woman was a SAHM. The fact is it wouldn't work. I am not bashing SAHM. It's great their are some. It's all a matter of choice and balance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can definitely see the op's point. Their are a lot of field's that have become predominately female. Veterinary Medicine, nursing and teaching for starts. But let's focus on veterinarians. 75% of Texas A&M's class was female in 2006. Numbers where about the same at UGA. Women in general out number men in college period according to this site.  Making the female population better educated and equipped to handle certain jobs. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If all women were SAHMS, then there would be more jobs open for men who need to support their families and you wouldn't have the inequity of some families having 2 jobs and other families having none.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sure Anon, but then those men would need TWO jobs to support their families because most people can't really make ends meet on only one income. It's not about greed, it's about a changing economy.

I say if a woman wants a career then go for it! If she wants to and can afford to stay home, then go for that too! What ever works for your family.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The poster obviously did no researcher before she posted this, in fact research shows that if every mom was a SAHM unemployment would be down, finances would be more stable and men would feel better and more confident about being providers and parents because they have jobs!

It really erks me when people say thing with out research.
    Moms are bringing in more money then men, and they get the jobs because woman get paid less.

The worst thing you can do for a man is take away the chances of being a man(provider,husband etc..)

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• If you are a beleiver in God then you know that the woman stayed home, there needs to be order in the home. This is the balance.

We used the system until neither of us had a job, and it worked awesome! God knows best.

If you cant live in the means that your SO provides then you are.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT RIGHTS AND WOMAN EMPOWERMENT!!

THIS IS ABOUT JUST BEING SMART ENOUGH TO DO THE MATH!!!

Besides im constatnly hearing woman on here whine that thye cant do it "all".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Actually, you dont know how many moms i see everyday coming to me cause they want to work at home.

The government is saying homesourcing and DirectSales mommies are helping the economy, they are not wasting gas, they are not going out to lunch that is not covered on a lunch break, the air is cleaner cause of auto pollution being less etc...

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Is there actually a question, or just a soap box opportunity? Stay at home or work, breast or formula, vagina or C-sec, public or private, rock to sleep or CIO, get over it or... get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• beckcorc, do you have actual knowledge?

No cause thats why reagan was trying to get woman back home-thats when the economy started changing for the worst.

out of whack.

Can the government back up your statistics, no, but they can of first anony answer,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The best thing that happened to us was me quitting my job. Our finances improved. No daycare expense, less gas expense, less eating out. My children's behavior improved. My relationship with my husband improved. Neither one of us is running ourselves ragged anymore. There would be more jobs and/or more available work hours for each family.

As a mom, I get to be everything I wanted to be: chef, accountant, teacher, nurse, gardener, interior decorator. Where else are you gonna find a job that lets you do that?

We've been brainwashed into thinking that we have to work outside the home. That you need to incomes to survive. It's simply not true.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My son's special ed teacher? A mom. My son's ped. - A mom of 2. My husbands boss. You know the one that signs his paycheck? A mom of 3. Hmmm... that is an interesting thought. Could you imagine giving birth and every nurse you came in contact with was a man or a woman who had never given birth herself? Dang. That would suck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2010