my son wants a doo rag

my 11 year old son wants a doo rag. We live in the suburbs. I don't see any of the other kids wearing these. I think he is just watching rap videos and thinks it is something good to wear.
what should i tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• On white kids, they look ridiculous. Non-white and they look okay. So there you go. Suburbs or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Neh! some how black people look better in 'em. I would say no 1. he is too young tell him to be himself and 2. It is mainly to hold your hair down like if he wanted to train it to go all the way back then he would wear this to sleep until the hair is laid back on it's own. GL Times changed so use your best judgement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• If a doo rag is what I think it is... it is a form of gang wear. No... plain and simple. You dress respectable at all times. Sad to say but people WILL make opinions based on how you present your self.
    Anonymous

• all my AA MAERICAN FRIENDS THAT WEAR DOO RAGS DO SO BECAUSE THEY SAY IT KEEPS THERE HAIR DOWN.most woman will wear some sort at night,wear the men wear them during the day.i would ask him his reasoning....i found the real reason because i thought it was gang related but the people who really wear them its for there hair....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010