Pregnancy & breast feeding how likely is it?

I have a almost 3 month old and am breast feeding. about 2 weeks ago i had spotting for a day and a half. is it possible to get pregant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well ya you are more fetal the first 6 weeks after baby is born.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• sorry I thought you said the baby was 2 week old lol but ya you can still get pregnant why breast feeding
    mommy5409

• Yup it's very possible. So either get put on the pill or have hub use condoms. Nursing is NOT birth control
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• What Zakysmommy said
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yes, if you are not on birth control (and even if you are) then it is possible to get pregnant. That's why most OBs discuss birth control options with you at your 6 week checkup.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• (it is a myth that you are more fertile the first few weeks)

it is possible. most women will not ovulate in those first several months if breastfeeding, but some women will ovulate right away. it's impossible to know which group you fall into. well, if you ARE pregnant, you will know you ovulated. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yes it is possible, even EBF is not effective BC - it's a myth that most women don't ovulate the first few months after birth if bf. If you've had unprotected sex, yes, there's a god chance you could be pregnant. It could also just be your body getting back on track with all the hormones working their way out. Take a test, or call your doctor/OB. But if you aren't, and don't want to be, protect yourself, because BF alone will not keep you from getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The rules for BFing as BC are these
    Baby nurses every 4hrs at least, if you EVER go more than 4hrs DO NOT COUNT ON IT
    Baby is less than 6mos old
    Baby ONLY takes breast milk from you
    And YOU have not had any bleeding after PP bleeding stopped Since you had some bleeding, I would not trust it. As for me. My DS is 15 mos and I JUST got my first AF in nearly 5 years ( I have a 4yr old) Got pregnant with the lil one first O. I CAN NOT get pregnant while BFing for some reason, though I have tried.

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Its rare to get your period if you are exclusively BF but yes it is possible. I got pregnant while exclusively BF. I also got my period 3 months after EACH child was born AND I was exclusively BF.....lucky me I guess.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yep, like everyone else said. While not highly likely, it is possible. And I exclusively breastfed all four of my kids and have gotten pregnant 3 times while breastfeeding!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010