Is anyone else tired of one sided friendships?

I am really too old to have patience for people who seem to think that they are the only ones who matter in a relationship. Usually, I figure out early on, whether or not a friendship is not recipricol but other times I am blindsided and it hurts. Like I have this one "friend" who I drove several times to a bar bc she wanted to go and didn't have a ride. Last Fri, I met up with her at the bar and I asked her if she would buy me a drink bc I didn't have any money on me and she replied with, "Are you kidding me?" I am not the kind of person who is quick on her feet when responding to someone else, so I didn't say anything back to her at the time but thinking on it later I should of been like, " So those times when I drove you and you didn't pay for gas didn't count for anything, you ungrateful B?" I know I shouldn't let things like this bother me and focus on the true friends that I do have but it is hard at times to do thi

dizzy77702

Asked by dizzy77702 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I know exactly what you mean and I was just going to write something about people who say they are your friend are really arent. I have one friend who didnt have a license for years and even though she paid me for gas if it was somewhere she needed to go it still doesnt make up for everything i ever did for her. Now I am a stay at home mom with little extra money and no car half the time but she is yet to come and visit me in the year and a half that she has had a car. My cousin is the same way, usually she would tell me to stop by if I was driving her way and had some extra time. Now if she is coming my way she doesnt even call and has the nerve to tell me that I never call or keep in contact with her. Who wants "friends" like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Next time she asks you to drive her somewhere, just give the same reply-"Are you kidding me?" ;) She is using you and is not a true friend, she wants you when she needs something. You don't need that!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 9:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• GET RID OF HER !!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010