7 months & suffering from migraines...can i take anything other than tylenol?!

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• um yes, but have Dr write a Rx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would ask your GYN, you are far enough along that he could probably perscribe you something to help.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• before the meds...
    are you drinking enough water 2-3 liters regularly throughout the day?
    are you eating small meals regularly every 3 hours throughout the day/
    do you have any known triggers (chocolate is a big one, right?) that you could be avoiding?
    good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• See a chiropractor is what I recommend. I use to have them a lot before kids. Since I have been going when I was pregnant with my first 7 yrs ago.I have not had a migraine since then.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The Dr. can & should prescribe you something. my aunt had them so bad her entire pregnancy & she took something the whole time. the baby is perfect!
    Twinky

Answer by Twinky at 9:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't know! I couldn't! Tylenol did NOT help! Hugs of Care to you!! I've had them while I was pregnant & they never ended! So over 30+ Life robing years here I am!! Hope something changes for you! Hope you get some Help!! There has to be Better stuff out there! I hope for your health and wellness!! If you're dehydrated. Try some Gatorade. Also if you can for the upset stomach some Ginger Ale. Some Crackers. Toast for your Tummy! Know I care and hope you get some Relief. I so send you my care & hugs for your healing! Best of luck in your pregnancy too!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• well, i know for me, low blood sugar is my biggest trigger. i have hemiplegic complex migraines and since i hvae been taking calcium, magnesium and zinc supplements and learning what my triggers are, today is the first time i have had one since last june, and i was able to head it off before it progressed into what it usually does. im about 5 months pregnant now, and i have a 2yo and it really freaks me out when i feel one coming on bc i know i cant take care of my daughter the way i should during one.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You can stop it right now.

Sniff a little cayenne pepper. Put some in a jar, close the lid, shake the jar, open the lid, sniff the dust cloud of pepper.

Your migraine will be gone in a few seconds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I had to get a dr to write something because mine were so bad.
    Anonymous

• My Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and it helped half ways- which is better than not at all... Tylenol 3's are also widely prescribed. Talk to your physician about this so they will be able to help you out:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 2:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010